Here at Target, we have a graduate scheme that attracts and develops the brightest people.
One of the reasons for this is that we offer placements in a variety of roles, helping you decide your career path. We also provide a wealth of support and development opportunities, and have devised a leadership programme for our graduates which has been recognised by ILM, a professional leadership and management body.
- Do you have a 2:1 or above degree in any discipline?
- Do you have the passion and commitment to advocate and implement change in the business?
- Do you have the drive to become a successful Target leader of the future?
About the role:
Our management programme is aimed at attracting and developing our future leaders. We pride ourselves on the exposure and variety that our graduate scheme offers across our business.
The two-year programme consists of four 6-month placements which will allow you to gain an insight into a variety of business functions. Your first placement will be decided by the Graduate Steering Committee, and will be based upon the preferences you communicate in your interview, as well as your educational and work history. Your following three placements will largely depend on which aspects of the business interest you.
In addition to the support of the Graduate Programme Manager, you’ll have your own dedicated mentor, who will be from a high profile management position within the business. We encourage our graduates to take control of their own working relationships and networks to suit their developmental needs during the programme.
During your placements you will be responsible for substantial projects that will have a measurable impact on Target. You will also be involved in graduate projects that encourage graduates to work together to make a real difference to the business. Examples of previous graduate project achievements are as follows:
- Company Overview Document
- Best Companies Employee Survey
- Career Development Site
We will offer you structured support and development as you rotate around the business. We invest heavily in the personal progression of our graduates; during the two year programme, graduates will take part in a host of developmental activities, including a 12 month Leadership & Management Programme which has been recognised by ILM.
Upon completion of the two-year scheme, you will have the opportunity to move into a role within a chosen area of the business and continue your professional career at Target.
Areas of the business you can work with:
- Project Management
- Software Development
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Client Development
- Bid, Sales & Marketing
- Risk and Compliance
- Customer Services
- IT Managed Services
Our values that we expect from you:
- Be Supportive
- Be Customer-Focused
- Be Risk-Aware
- Be Accountable
- Be Bold
- Be Results-Driven
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary
- Training & development including graduate trips/days where you will assess and improve on your hard and soft skills
- Competitive pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Regular performance reviews
- Many other flexible benefits to choose from
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 2:1 or above degree (any discipline considered)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft IT packages