Our client is a large building society with a proud heritage and is a significant player in the UK savings and mortgage market. In late 2009, the Society sought ways to more efficiently service its existing portfolios.
They took the business decision to outsource three loan portfolios consisting of residential mortgages, commercial mortgages and equity release products to Target. There are 3500 accounts under administration with a value of approximately £1billion. The client’s identity remains confidential.
Our S&P rating servicing division now provides account administration servicing for the three portfolios of residential mortgages, commercial mortgage and equity release products for 3500 customers.
On the strength of our delivery performance and seamless transition within just 12 working days for the equity release portfolio, the Society also selected us to provide account and arrears management services for their £1billion commercial and residential mortgage loan portfolios.
For all portfolios under administration we quickly developed a comprehensive service definition with service levels and metrics. This provided the Society with full transparency and control.
The solution included:
- Arrears management including proactive early arrears, serious arrears and recoveries
- Customer account servicing
- Complaints management
- A compliance team to ensure compliant communications and strategies
- Multi-media customer communications for collections, servicing and rate changes
- Financial cash management and reconciliation
- Portfolio reconciliation and reporting
We ensured continuity and minimal disruption of customer service throughout the transfer of the portfolios.
- Seamless data migration of equity release, commercial and residential mortgage portfolios onto our systems in under four months
- Transparent and compliant servicing platform with high quality management information
- Strong operational risk management and compliance
- Sophisticated collections capability and asset value protection
- The assurance of working with a Standard & Poor’s Rated servicer. Target is rated as ‘Above Average.’
- Compliant and robust arrears strategies with a strong ethos for Treating Customers Fairly and relationship management
- Comprehensive Service Level Agreements
- Stability of servicing platform
- Excellent financial controls
Loan & Mortgage Servicing
Find out more about Target's Loan & Mortgage Servicing solutions