We’re delighted to have been named joint Gold winners in the Inclusion Strategy category at the 2020 Welsh Contact Centre Awards.
In a glittering virtual ceremony, with many people getting into the spirit and donning black tie from their home offices, this year’s awards look somewhat different. But nevertheless the ceremony was just as entertaining!
This year’s celebrity host was none other than TV presenter Rylan Clark-Neal. Rylan and the various awards sponsors announced the Gold and Silver award winners, while we all watched on in anticipation.
We’re really proud to have been shortlisted for a magnificent 7 awards:
- Senior Manager of the year – Lee Sparey
- Support Team of the Year – Continuous Improvement Team
- Team leader of the Year – Victoria Avery
- Best Inclusion Strategy – Harriet Hibbert’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
- Best Business Improvement Strategy – Bethan Collins
- People Development – Learning & Development Team
- Outsourced Contact Centre of the Year
It’s an incredible achievement and testament to all the hard work our teams have put in.
We’re delighted to have been awarded Gold for our Diversity & Inclusion strategy alongside Deloitte!
Huge congratulations to Harriet and the whole People team, and to everyone at Target for embracing and celebrating Diversity & Inclusion, across all five of our pillars:
Some of our achievements include, setting up the Women in Target network, attending Pride Cymru for the first time, launching a new retirement policy, creating guides and factsheets to celebrate different religions and different religious holidays and rolling out neuro-diversity training. And there’s plenty more to come!
Congratulations to all winners and finalists. Here’s to the 2021 Awards!