Marketing Privacy Notice
What is the purpose of this document?
This document is relevant to you if you have agreed for us to hold information about you on our marketing database. Based on the information we hold about you we will send you, from time to time, emails, letters, documents and other communications that we think are of interest to you and relevant to your business.
Who we are
We are Target Group Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (registered number: 01208137), whose registered office is at Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9AU (“we”, “”our”).
Target Group Limited is a “data controller” in relation to the information we hold about you. This means that we are responsible for informing you how we intend to use the information we hold about you, and for ensuring that we collect and use information about you in a fair and lawful manner.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0845 650620.
The kind of information we hold about you
We collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your name, contact details, job title, email address, the organisation you work for (or have worked for).
We do not collect, store or use special categories of personal data about you (special categories are also known as sensitive data).
How is your personal information collected?
We may collect personal information you from the following sources:
- From you, where you provide your contact details to us via one of our websites, at conferences, or by other means.
- From you, as a result of discussing potential business, or doing actual business together.
- From publicly available sources such as company websites.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to send you emails, letters, documents and other communications which we hope will be of interest to you and relevant to your business.
The lawful grounds we rely on
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We rely on the following lawful bases:
- Our legitimate interest in direct marketing.
- Where you have given your consent, your consent.
We will only share your personal information with third parties that are sub-contracted to target and acting on our behalf. For example, companies hosting target information, email servers, printers, and so on. This data may be stored in the uk or in the usa.
All our third-party service providers (and other entities in the target group) are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will hold information about you, and continue to send you emails, letters, documents and other communications, until you ask us not to. We will then stop sending you such communications (but please allow a few weeks for your request to be processed). We will then delete the information we hold about you in relation to this purpose and add your name to a suppression list (a list of individuals that have chosen not to receive further marketing communications from us). However, please be aware that we may hold information about you for other purposes: if you want this information to be deleted too, please submit a request for erasure (see rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction, below).
Please send your request to email@example.com
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
By law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
- Stop us sending you marketing information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (dpo) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the dpo at email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico), the uk supervisory authority for data protection issues. The ico can be found at ico.org.uk.
We have appointed Data Protection Officer (dpo) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the dpo as follows:
By post: for the attention of the data protection officer, Target Group Limited, Imperial Way, Newport, NP10 8UH
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaining to the ICO
If you are unhappy about how we are handling your personal data contact us (see “who we are” above for our contact details). You may wish to file a complaint with the information commissioner’s office, which regulates our processing of personal data. You can contact the ICO by:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Via the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk